coseno has been established in Italy in 2011 as an Italian sister company of cosine.
coseno has been established in Italy in 2011. coseno specialises in developing measurement and observation systems for space missions, optical, fundamental physics research, mission simulations and data analysis. coseno works closely together with cosine Research BV and cosine Science & Computing BV, its sister companies in the Netherlands, sharing experience, facilities and resources. coseno focuses on measurement and observation system in the visible and infrared wavelength ranges for space and aerospace applications.
The group has extensive experience in the specification, design, development, calibration, modeling and prototyping of space instruments under ESA and other contracts.
- Optical design of main telescope, relay systems, in-flight calibration equipment
- FPA and filters design/specification
- Full stray-light analysis with non-sequential software – ASAP
- Baffle design
- Radiometric analysis
- Mission analysis
- On-ground calibration equipment and optical stimulus design and development
- Calibration plan
- Processor 0-1B definition
- Support to calibration and measurement campaigns
- Trade-off, feasibility study and breadboarding activity as proof of concept of new technologies for future space applications.
- Design, development and testing of payloads for manned space flight.
coseno offers to the Italian space market:
- Out-of-the-box combined instrument suite for active and passive remote sensing.
- Out-of-the-box full range IR combination of hyperspectral instruments.
- Out-of-the-box Radiation measurement as warning system for spacecrafts and payloads, and as radiation environment monitor.
- Out-of-the-box or custom simulators packages.
coseno also provides a short link to the products and capabilities of the cosine group.
Mobile Flux Platform
coseno offers an integrated set of remote and in-situ sensing sensors for aerial mapping of industrial sites emission and ecosystems carbon cycles quantification, called the Mobile Flux Platform (MFP).More Information
coseno is led by Marco Esposito, an experienced manager with a track record of success in the development of measurement and observation systems for a large variety of customers, ranging from international space agencies to large aerospace companies. He reports to the board of directors of cosine BV, the unique shareholder of coseno.
The combined skills of the coseno R&D specialists, mostly PhD physicists and engineers, and of its management ensure to find innovative solutions for remote sensing and in-situ measurements starting from the customers needs, and to translate them into nice, small and smart instruments.
For more information please contact Dr Marco Esposito: