We are looking for a pro-active, selfstarting Process Engineer to help our high energy optics team in getting ready for production.
For our largest space project we are steadily progressing towards an interesting new project phase for the fully automated manufacturing of our Silicon Pore Optics. In order to start manufacturing we have to design and build these facilities in such a manner that production and quality go hand in hand. The optics produced will enable exciting science for the world’s largest X-ray telescope Athena, commissioned by the European Space Agency (ESA), as well as for other upcoming X-ray missions and X-ray optics applications for industrial customers.
As Process Engineer at cosine you will be one of the key players in this phase and will be responsible for the development, design, deployment, improvement, testing and monitoring of our manufacturing and production processes, in close collaboration with our team of scientists, engineers, project managers, team leaders and laboratory technicians.
You will help standardizing R&D practices and translate R&D processes into production processes for
one of our product lines, Silicon Pore Optics. You do this by providing input to the project from concept process proposal to detailed engineering output, including conducting risk assessments and monitoring budget impact with emphasis on ‘Continuous improvement’ and focus on safety and quality standards.
As a Process Engineer you are a team player who is able to work in multidisciplinary teams. You like working in a dynamic working environment in which changes can occur frequently. You are technically skilled with analytical skills. Communicating with employees on all levels of the organization is no problem for you.
cosine is a Dutch company with branches in Germany and Italy, that develops and builds optical measurement systems for space, air and ground use. Our head office in Sassenheim houses extensive technical facilities such as cleanrooms, vacuum equipment, optical laboratories and assembly, testing and calibration facilities.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Develop new manufacturing processes from existing R&D ones
- Data driven modeling and improving of processes towards a streamlined and efficient production environment
- Design and plan equipment layout for the production clean-rooms
- Conduct tests and monitor the process performance throughout production
- Develop continuous improvement methods
- Troubleshoot problems associated with the production processes
- Evaluate processes and equipment to ensure compliance with environmental and safety regulations
- Review quality and safety standards to ensure our facilities meet relevant guidelines
- Estimate production cost
- Consult and inform stakeholders on progress and/or changes in the process including reporting
Qualifications and experience
- MSc in an area that is related to Process Technology/Manufacturing Systems Engineering or Automation
- Experience using Lean/Six Sigma tools and methods (Green Belt essential, Black belt preferred)
- 5 years of working experience in a similar role in a manufacturing or process environment
- 2 years of working experience in a fully automated production environment
Expertise and skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving skills with pragmatic attitude
- High level of attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Self-starter, ability to execute with limited information
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both spoken and written
- Other European languages: German, Italian, Spanish and French would be beneficial
A part-time or a full-time job in a dynamic and international setting, with good and flexible working conditions.
Interested in this position?
You are welcome to send us your application. Please submit your CV and a short letter explaining why you want to work at cosine using the contact form shown below. We accept most file formats, but we prefer PDF.