We are looking for a methodical and precise Laboratory Technician to support the production of our high energy optics. These optics will enable exciting science for the world’s largest X-ray telescope Athena, commissioned by the European Space Agency (ESA), as well as for other upcoming X-ray missions and X-ray optics applications for industrial customers.
You will work mainly in our high-quality cleanrooms, where you will support our scientist-engineers by executing assays, analysis and inspections on our samples according to standardized procedures. This includes both manual and mechanical steps of the production process, as well as the preparation and execution of chemical processes. You will work in a team of technicians who speak both Dutch and English. Documentation of the outcome of inspections and assembly is done outside the cleanroom.
You have a hands-on mentality, are proactive and like to work in a team where you can propose ways to improve quality and efficiency. Your attention to detail allows you to identify, analyze and report deviations and technical issues related to the production process.
You have or are willing to obtain a certificate for operating a forklift and reach truck, so you are able to help move pallets in our in-house storage facility occasionally. You are able to be flexible at times when we need to work in shifts.
cosine is a Dutch company with branches in Germany and Italy, that develops and builds optical measurement systems for space, air and ground use. Our head office in Sassenheim houses extensive technical facilities such as cleanrooms, vacuum equipment, optical laboratories and assembly, testing and calibration facilities.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Inspect incoming sub-parts and document the results
- Prepare and execute wet chemical processes
- Operate our automated assembly equipment
- Document the assembly process and report on product and quality assurance
- Order goods and services for projects following company procedures
- Assist our Team of Scientist-Engineers with preparing experiments outside of the cleanroom
- Ensure that the lab equipment is well maintained
- Help keep the lab safe, tidy and representative
- Updating and improving procedures for good laboratory practices
Qualifications and experience
MLO, HLO or equivalent and 2 or more years of relevant working experience in a laboratory or cleanroom environment.
- GLP, GMP, background in math and science (biology, chemistry or physics), certificate to operate a forklift and reach truck, VCA-B or higher.
Expertise and skills
- Ability to understand, speak and write English in a professional working environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Good time management
A part-time or full-time onsite position in a dynamic and international setting, where you can combine your knowledge with highly innovative technology and applications with good and flexible working conditions.
Interested in this position?
You are welcome to send us your application. Please submit your CV and a short letter explaining why you want to work at cosine using the contact form shown below. We accept most file formats, but we prefer PDF.