cosine is a Dutch company that develops and builds optical and in-situ measurement systems for space, air and ground use for customers around the globe, including large and small institutes, agencies and companies.
Our activities lead to stories ranging from the exploration of asteroids, planets and galaxies, to the irrigation of crops and the detection of floods and forest fires, to applications in field, factory and medicine.
Our headquarters is in Sassenheim, the Netherlands, where we have offices, cleanrooms, assembly, testing and production facilities. We also have activities and/or staff in Germany, Spain and Italy. Our international team consists of physicists, engineers, technicians and support staff.
We are looking for an experienced Communication Officer to support our organization as we continue to grow. You are able to tell our stories by writing articles based on a combination of research, interviews and observations. You are sociable, pro-active and have an eye for detail. You enjoy working in an international setting. You are a team-player and look forward to working with our Team Support and directors to further professionalize our communication.
- Create content for our website, newsletter and social media
- Write press releases, articles for publications and other marketing material
- Respond to media inquiries
- Manage communication on social media and online communities
- Organize publicity campaigns and commercial mailings
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop and implement an effective communication strategy based on our target audience
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Journalism or similar, or in (Applied) Science – combination of both subjects is an advantage
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a communication role
- Experience with social media and online communities
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Dutch and English
- Experience with desktop publishing, photo editing and content management tools – experience with open source tools is an advantage
- German, Spanish, Italian or any other languages are an advantage
A part-time or full-time job in a dynamic and international setting, with good and flexible working conditions.
Interested in this position?
You are welcome to send us your application. You can submit your CV and a short letter explaining why you want to work at cosine using the contact form shown below, mentioning reference 322G0003 in the section Your message. We accept most file formats, but we prefer PDF.