Help us shape the future of New Space by assembling cosine’s revolutionary HyperScout instruments!
We are looking for a skilled engineer to assemble, integrate and test remote sensing instruments which can be launched into space – in some cases in 6-12 months! Work in our state of the art cleanrooms with our highly skilled team and be involved from the first screws to the final product.
You like to work with your hands to assemble and adjust until things work. You work with state of the art diamond turned free form optics. You are able to locate and solve problems. You organize the design and purchasing of parts and are able to handle complex procurement. You are able to perform acceptance and functional testing of our instruments. You have the insight to improve the quality and efficiency of our assembly and integration procedures.
We design, build and deliver space instruments in our high-tech on site facilities. Our customers’ deadlines are our priority. We develop products, produce small series and provide custom solutions tailored to our clients’ needs. Some of our optical instruments are small enough to be launched on board a nanosatellite and include on-board processing electronics with state of the art and experimental artificial intelligence hardware.
cosine is a Dutch company at the heart of the quickly evolving new space market with branches in Germany and Italy. We develop and build optical measurement systems for space, air and ground use. Our head office in Sassenheim is located in the hart of the Randstad and houses extensive technical facilities such as cleanrooms, vacuum equipment, optical laboratories and assembly, testing and calibration facilities.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Assemble complex electrical, mechanical and optical components and subsystems into systems, where required in our cleanrooms, following the established assembly procedures
- Document assembly following the quality assurance procedure
- Contribute to assembly and integration instructions
- Apply professional assembly techniques using fixtures and bonding
- Handle complex procurement
- Perform optical characterization, aligning optics using available optical alignment equipment
- Perform environmental testing on and off site, such as TVAC, vibration, EMC
- Perform functional testing
- Perform software testing
- Improve quality and efficiency of the assembly and integration procedures
Qualifications and experience
- Required: BSc in mechanics, optics, optomechatronics, precision mechanics, precision manufacturing, electronics or equivalent and 3 years of experience in assembly and integration of optoelectronics
- Beneficial: MSc, Six Sigma and experience in space instrumentation
Expertise and skills
- Required: optoelectronics assembly and integration, problem solving
- Required: ability to understand, speak and write English in a professional working environment
- Beneficial: bonding, cable harness manufacturing, optical alignment
- Beneficial: ability to understand and speak Dutch in a working environment
A hands-on high-tech onsite position in a friendly international organization with professional, skillful, knowledgeable and supportive colleagues. Flexible working arrangements, a good salary and many opportunities to learn and grow.
Interested in this position?
You are welcome to send us your application. You can submit your CV and a short letter explaining why you want to work at cosine using the contact form shown below. We accept most file formats, but we prefer PDF.
If you have questions about working at cosine or available positions please contact Karin Liang, our Head of Support, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us.