We are looking for an enthusiastic and well-organized Quality Assurance Officer for our remote sensing team. You will be responsible for the implementation and continuous improvement of our quality control procedures. Your challenge is to ensure that our facilities, equipment, products and services meet our standards and are in line with our customers’ expectations.
You have the technical knowledge to understand our projects. You are a pro-active and flexible team player. You have good organizational and social skills and enjoy helping your colleagues.
We design, build and deliver space instruments in our high-tech facilities. Our customers’ deadlines are our priority. We develop products, produce small series and provide custom solutions tailored to our clients’ needs. Some of our optical instruments are small enough to be launched on board a nanosatellite and include on-board processing electronics with state of the art and experimental artificial intelligence hardware.
cosine is a Dutch company with branches in Germany and Italy. We develop and build optical measurement systems for space, air and ground use. Our head office in Sassenheim is located in the heart of the Randstad and houses extensive cleanroom facilities with optical, assembly, calibration and environmental testing equipment.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Lead or participate in quality improvement processes
- Monitor various internal procedures and ensure their correct implementation
- Perform audits and inspections of suppliers and prepare or support company audits and reviews performed by external entities
- Review project documentation and ensure compliance with the applicable requirements and customer expectations
- Supervise storage, cleaning and contamination control processes and manage anomalies and non-conformance
- Perform measurements and analytical or numerical calculations
- Train and guide our Laboratory Technicians
Qualifications and experience
- Academic degree in physics, astronomy, mathematics, computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering or space engineering
- Experience in quality management
- Experience in reading and writing technical documentation
- Experience with life-cycle requirements, from their definition to their verification and product delivery, including handling of deviations and non-conformance
- Experience with large production is an advantage
Expertise and skills
- Practical knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of quality control standards, possibly in automotive or aerospace industries
- A scientific background or process engineering background is an advantage
- A semiconductor background is an advantage
- Ability to speak and write English fluently in a professional working environment
A part-time or full-time onsite position in a dynamic and international setting where you can combine your quality assurance skills with highly innovative technology and applications, with good and flexible working conditions.
Interested in this position?
You are welcome to send us your application. Please submit your CV and a short letter explaining why you want to work at cosine using the contact form shown below. We accept most file formats, but we prefer PDF.