We are looking for a creative and solution-oriented mechanical engineer.
You have a hands-on mentality and an eye for detail which you apply to checking or measuring the ordered mechanical parts.
You will work for projects in the multidisciplinary High Energy Optics and Remote Sensing teams, where you will be responsible for the design, installation, testing and connection of mechanical and electronic parts.
You will work closely together with colleagues to ensure that your design results in the implementation of mechanical parts in our facilities or in our products.
Your challenge is to ensure a successful design, as well as ordering and measuring mechanical parts for our internal and external customers. You start this process from a concept and with an eye for quality, safety and lead time.
Skills and qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/electrical engineering or equivalent
- Experience in reading and drawings of electrical schematics
- Experience in programming PLC’s (Siemens)
- Knowledge and experience in mechanical design and modeling, including experience with CAD software (for instance Solidworks)
- Practical knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
- Ability to speak and write English fluently in a professional working environment
- Specific knowledge of structural dynamics and mechanical stress can be an advantage
- Theoretical knowledge and experience with finite element analysis, including experience with relevant software (for instance Abaqus) can be an advantage
A full-time job in a dynamic and international setting where you can combine your engineering skills with highly innovative technology and applications, with good and flexible working conditions.
Interested in this position?
You are welcome to send us your application. You can submit your CV and a short letter explaining why you want to work at cosine using the contact form shown below. We accept most file formats, but we prefer PDF.